View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 01:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

My German Shepherd had another seizure this morning, the Vet had just done blood work, and we only upped it a few wks ago. He was actually in bed with me with my other dog. So, I think it started in his sleep, which isn't usually the way, but maybe he was awake. I remained calm, waited for it to pass, he slipped off the bed, but on his back legs, I had to move him because he would of slipped off backwards. He has been having one per month, since the first one he had was 3 days after my mom died.
But it is usually around the 20 something of the month. This one came earlier, so closer to the last one.

I gave him a double dose of his meds as the Vet advises to do.
He then went out and pooped, which he always does afterwards, then drank water. He is now sleeping with my female GS mix dog in the spare room I am in. Yet if I go to another room, he wakes right up, he follows me everywhere, he is my shadow, love him.

I have to ask him more ? When I talk to him.

He isn't vomiting or having diahreah when this happens, which is good the Vet said.

He eats well, had a nice walk yesterday. This is one of the reasons I am afraid to travel, who would be able to handle it, and give him his pills, and be calm. I worry way too much, I can't help it.

Although the Vet said, he could have one when you were out, but you would probably know he had when you got home, something moved or something like that, cause he always goes out to poop right after one. I have a doggy door which is good, but I keep it closed when out, because he had 2 seizures outside and scratched himself up.

Ok, need to calm down, does a job on my nerves, he should sleep today mostly, but then again he usually only sleeps for a bit afterwards. At night I have to keep the bathroom doors closed, because he really could hurt himself in a bathroom. His head goes back and forth fast along with his body.

This all breaks my heart. No plans for the w/e really, waiting for the Neurosurgeon to call me on his review of the mri and all, and about an appt.

Plan on finishing up my course, finish up the spare room, since moving, have a movie coming from Netflix today. So that's it.

Hugs, Nikko