Thread: Limbo-Land
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Migraines and 24/7 headaches was why I started all this testing in the 1st place. I've tried about a dozen meds for that all told. I am on topamax, with Relpax for break through. I did a migraine study with the area authority on the subject, (got paid $25 lol) and did the whole food thing - gave up all the known food triggers, eliminated chemicles to see if there were sensitivities there, too.

Turned out I am weather sensitive with a couple of foods as secondary triggers (wine mostly).

Also they checked my blood pressure - which is low like the rest of my family - and other vascular stuff like Factor II, Brain MRA (to check vascular system there) and got me off BC pills to lower my stroke risk.

I started taking magnesium supplements which are supposed to support heart and vascular health and my daily headaches were greatly reduced. I take fish oil too. Between the supplements and topamax, I'm down from about 3 migraines a week to about one per month which is awesome.

I'm not saying what I do will work for anyone else, I'm just saying sometimes there is more to treating them than just what your doc knows or does for you. There are really great migraine sites now, and the info is worth checking out. I would not have been this successful in treating my migraines without knowing what to ask my docs to do for me or what to do for myself.

I wish all you migraine sufferers the best of luck with this. H/a is the pits!
dmplaura (11-07-2008)