View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braingonebad View Post
Migraines and 24/7 headaches was why I started all this testing in the 1st place. I've tried about a dozen meds for that all told. I am on topamax, with Relpax for break through. I did a migraine study with the area authority on the subject, (got paid $25 lol) and did the whole food thing - gave up all the known food triggers, eliminated chemicles to see if there were sensitivities there, too.

Turned out I am weather sensitive with a couple of foods as secondary triggers (wine mostly).

Also they checked my blood pressure - which is low like the rest of my family - and other vascular stuff like Factor II, Brain MRA (to check vascular system there) and got me off BC pills to lower my stroke risk.

I started taking magnesium supplements which are supposed to support heart and vascular health and my daily headaches were greatly reduced. I take fish oil too. Between the supplements and topamax, I'm down from about 3 migraines a week to about one per month which is awesome.
Wow. What an awesome post! Magnesium I have in my cupboard actually, and I was told to take this last year as a preventative. I will again, try it that is, provided there are no serious side effects of it. Is magnesium completely ok to go ahead with? I've heard mixed reactions, but you get to a point where 1 doctor says yes, 1 says no, and then it's 50/50 and it's basically your choice as the patient.

I'm definitely weather sensitive, and I'm not sure if I have food triggers... I already do the fish oil.

Sorry not intending to hijack the thread! I just wanted to highlight the magnesium subject with headaches. That's pretty awesome to hear from someone who had good results
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote