View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I looked for a reference that contained all three words. So, far this is all I could find. It does answer the question. I don't agree with the tremor part though...my personal feeling since mine gets worse all the time.

Neurosurgical Medical Clinic, San Diego, CA

http://www.sd-neurosurgeon.com/diseases/pd.html

Excerpt:

The introduction of L-dopa in the 1960's brought a marked reduction in stereotactic surgery for PD. L-dopa alleviates bradykinesia, rigidity and tremor, allowing patients to improve in activities of daily living. Its combination with carbidopa (as Sinemet) reduces severe side effects and revolutionized the medical treatment of PD. Unfortunately, after many years use, higher doses of Sinemet are required. Many patients develop jerking and writhing movements (dyskinesias) and rapid, unpredictable fluctuations in symptoms (on-off phenomenon) as well as other side effects. The short amount of time Sinemet lasts after oral dosage, and interference with its absorption from the stomach by food protein further complicated its use.

Page Information
Modified: Monday, December 20, 2004 9:33:09 PM
Expires: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 10:14:50 AM
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote