View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 10:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default To Jess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbvcrn View Post
Isnt it interesting how we are all so different...I have the burning feet, legs, hands and arms and thought I'd try putting my feet in cold water (no, not icy or anything like that) and experienced absolute agony with terrible burning when I removed them. For me (go figure and makes absolutely no sense) a nice HOT bath helps my burning. Have no idea why. Maybe the hot water cancels out the burning?! Just goes to show what works for one may not work for another.
Jess, If you cut the Lidoderm patch in half and then cut it part of the way so that you can place it on the sacrum and along both sides at the beginning of the buttock crack, it will help the pain you are describing. I have a fractured sacrum with the break going thru S3/4. I also suffer from the other issues you describe. Using this patch daily gives me about 5 hours of good relief in the morning. I usually put it on about 9:00 p.m. and take it off about 9:00 a.m. It helps with the horrible burning. But like Mrs. D says, it takes several days before you start feeling the relief.

Billye