View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 01:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome Lori Lee,
I'm so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. It's so good, you got it early on. You have the very best chance of going into remission. Obviously, being a neuro. nurse, you know of the things that can go wrong, but you are in a position to pick out the best anethesiologist for the procedures. READ READ READ here on the forum, there are many good results from early treatment.
Watch for range of motion changes, like stiffening of your knee or less range of motion. Usually PT goes along with treatment.
Mine RSD started the day after breast surgery for two benign tumors. My arm swelled up and shoulder froze up solid. Referred to Rehab Dr. for PT. Wasn't diagnoses for four years.
I can't give first hand experience, but can encourage you to be agressive in treatment, early is good, very good. Try to stay positive, and ask the Dr. lots of questions. Are they familiar with RSD in your hospital staff? They must be for you to be diagnosed so early.
We'll all be thinking of you with positive thoughts of a very good outcome from an early diagnosis. Read as much as you can. Please let us know what you decide and how it is going? Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote