Thread: We Find A Place
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

What a great question Nikki. *grin I went to Amazon looking for the answer and I'm still not sure.

This review is from: The Enigma of Suicide: A Timely Investigation into the Causes, the Possibilities for Prevention and the Paths to Healing (Paperback)
I have faced head on the aftermath of suicide and this book was finally able to bring healing and answers after 10 years of not understanding 'why' and feeling guilty and ashamed. I would not have been able to face the catastrophic grief this book brings to life any earlier than this. This is not for someone in their first years of healing but if you have a suicide in your past or have ever contimplated suicide then read every page. I read every day, and most days had to stop when I couldn't see the words for the tears. But in the end I feel free of the guilt I carried for so long, and understood, and normal again. It's different but a new different. And it's stopped any thought of contagious or genetic suicide from effecting me. Walking through the grief of the surviving families was the most healing, powerful, insightful, life changing experience I've known.

The cover of my book says nothing about November of the Soul. Mine is a paperback (soft cover) over 500 pages and it's based on "hundreds of
in-depth interviews". Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Maybe Doc.John would know.

*whisper...I hope you're sleeping like a little baby.

You know Nikki...on reading that review, perhaps it's too soon for you to read that book.

Last edited by Alffe; 11-08-2008 at 07:17 AM. Reason: to add something...
Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nik-key (11-08-2008)