View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Summer,

Karen has it right. Stay away from the negative for now. The stress does make the pain worse. Also I got better with Meditation and Prayer. I have a Dr. that has taught me Meditation. It helps you to relax.

My daughter once told me I just needed to get out more. That was when I first got it. She's now my caregiver so she has learned from being around me that it's hard to keep going at times. They do finally come around I think. The ones that don't, give yourself some space from them and also remember you know your body, they don't.

As far as PT. I believe that you need PTers that know something about RSD. I had 7 different ones while I was in PT and only 3 of them knew what it was and how to deal with it. I don't believe in that old saying " no pain, no gain".
You see it on here from people who have went to the agressive PT and it seems to make things worse. If we were able to lift weights or ride an exercise bike or a treatmill, it seems to me like the PTers and Drs. would think we could ride a bike and run a mile without them. We can't.

Give your family and friends time to figure out where you are at in this. Some will come around.

Let go of the stress that will help your pain subside some.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Summertime (11-11-2008)