View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 11:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dear Summer, your not alone

Summer, I am so glad you deicided to share "vented" with us. It helps us all. We all have the people in our lives , some more than others, that choose not to understand this. I used the word "choose" intentionally as I think it is a choice. I've come to believe they do get it. they just dont want to believe it as it might require some compromise from their life.

My husbands family lives near us with in a mile.
When I was told I would not be allowed to drive any longer(due to meds and spasms), a devesting development,
I sat down with two of the family members and simply said, I am no longer allowed to drive, I was hoping when you go to the grocery you could give me a call so I could pick up a few things.
I have never been called that was two years ago and they live with in a mile.

These are people i had a great relationship with before I was ill. I remain in shock at how little 6 people with in a mile of me have been willing to do to help me. My husband travels and is gone 90% of the time. I literally lived on Special K once for a month. Sounds pathetic but its true. Yes it is very had for me to ask for help, but every time I have -I havent gotten it. so, thats the way it is.

I did want to agree with what Karen wrote, it does not matter if you have full body rsd as I do, or rsd in one limb or one arm, it is just as dibilitating. Constant pain, whether full pain or one limb has the same effects on ones life.

I guess Ive become cynical but I believe most people dont want to get it, and yes it really hurts, its lonely out here. Hang in their Summer.
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Summertime (11-11-2008)