View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 01:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Info on NERVE BLOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by llrn7470 View Post
Hi all-I am new to the board and new to CRPS. I have just been diagnosed about three weeks ago after elective knee surgery and a nerve block for anesthesia (or lack there of, in my case). Anyway, my PMR doc is pushing for a sympathetic nerve block. Ironically, I am a neurosurgical ICU nurse by trade, so I am not afraid of the procedure itself. I am afraid of what it may or may not do for my condition. Any experiences or suggestions? Just got off steroids and am being trialed on Neurontin and Lyrica with Ultram-my mental state is shot due to all of these medications and all I can be is afraid. Hope someone feels like being the voice of reason for me.
Thanks for giving me a safe place to talk about this incredibly crappy condition with those who can relate.
Lori Lee
I have had crps for 30 years and only diagnosed 8 years ago. I have had the blocks. DO NOT GET A SYMPATHECTAMY. I did as they said it would work but it has made things worse and spread to my whole body. Question Lyrica for lung problems as reading on this blog alot of people or or have been on are experiencing lung problems. Not to scare you but just make you aware.
katro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote