View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Aussie, at onset I actually bought something...

from a Home Shop Network site...I even thought and pseudo-slept on the idea for several days. Being up at nite is NOT FUN. I'd switched meds after the 'hallucinations' got really active [they were also beyond scary] it tood a change in neuros to get that far. After I'd gotten on another anti-epileptic [Keppra] It took about 6 months before I had what one could call 'nights' of sleep [6hours]. It took another couple of months before I began to dream [& I STARTED OFF WITH SOME WHOPPERS!]. Each of us is different. Since I was on the Keppra & another doc wanted to prescribe the Effexor, I really Balked! Mainly because it worked for the 'other condition' but, there was/is not any crumb of med research about the actions between the meds I'm ON. I did my double double-check homework- the s/e's while on those Med check thingies don't indicate problems...well how many are on the med combos we are ON? No thank you, Being on Effexor also meant I would have to give up my precious Tramadol. Again, NO THANK YOU. How you want to live with the pain is a personal choice, that is MY decision. But, I tried to make as informed a choice as possible-

Soo ultimately if, it was a tapered titration, it can take a while before sleep/dreams. My problem was on some meds I'd sleep - literally in the middle of a sentence, but not dream. When the dreams started, well they went into short-hyperdrive sequences, most [thank-you] I don't remember much of other than EXTREME ENERGY. I don't know if this helps, but, I have been in that neck of the woods? Problem now is dozing off, then waking up & saying to self...get otta go to bed...then waking up in same place. Sigh.

Fuzzies yer way! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote