View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 11:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Shock like sensations

One day, late in July, I awoke to pins and needles in palm below my thumb. It lasted for a long time and some of it really hurt (the needles?) Then I started getting the hurting of it elsewhere in my body, but it would only last for seconds.

Yesterday I was getting it throughout the day, here and then there. I now would describe it as shock like, it hurts. I'm glad it only lasts for seconds. The worse was when it happened next to my eye. I called it a night then and went to bed.

My neuro is on vacation so I went to my PCP. My dr. thought of several possibilities, calcium, magnesium, potassium; something with thyroid; more demyelination; Crohn's/B-12 (if I do have it) or seizures.

When it came to seizures he clearly doesn't know much about them. He's a good dr., but he was using the wrong terminology. He kept referring to generalized seizures when if it were any at all it would be partial seizures. I even corrected him and he agreed, but I still don't think he got it. He said I should be very careful as my brain may be working up to a tonic clonic.

He wanted me to try Topomax, but I told him I didn't want to.

I got some blood work done and if it comes back neg. I think he's going to order an c-spine MRI. He said if that's all neg. then it's probably seizures.

I don't think this can be seizures, because it jumps from one part of my body to another and can be either side. Am I right?

hugs
shattered_illusions is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote