View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 12:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Neurological Bowell Issue Questions, (Not gross I promise)..:)

Hi All,

This question is actually for a friend of mine and not me.

I won't get into specific detail here but bottom line is that he can not go to the bathroom, THAT way.

He knows it is neurolgical that his muscles in that area are not working to PUSH OUT, they are doing the opposite and HOLDING it in......

I know a lot of us have the opposite issue with it just coming OUT but I have not ever saw anything posted on HIS issue.....

He has talked with his neuro and she prescribed supposatories(sp)..and she say's he has to basically "re-train" the muscle action but she won't tel lhim HOW to re-train them........I suggested asking her to refer him to a neurological doctor that is specific to THAT type of problem but I don't know what that doctor could be called or even if there is indeed a doctor that specializes IN that type of problem..

My question is, does anyone know where my friend can go for his problem?

He has extreme difficulty going to the bathroom and about every 3 days he just about has to perform a miracle to get things OUT....

Anyone have this issue going on or can point me in the right direction on any advice on what to tell him?

He loves to EAT and should be "going" regularly but can't.........any help here would be much appreciated by him..

Thanks in advance.

OH, it really isn't ME in case anyone thinks that......LOL

Joe
Dxd RRMS 12/23,06, Copaxone 2/07 to 9/07 - Rebif 10/07 to 7/08, BAD flare with Transverse Myelitis & Pancreatitis.....,9/08 Pseudo Cyst!!!! and another TM attack. Started Tysabri 9/22/08 - 10/21 Allergic reaction to Tysabri, SSDI Approved 11/14!! Continued Ty 11/17 with a Pre-medicate. Solumedral 12/11-12/13 Ty #5 Jan 12th!
JoeMac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote