View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb In my case...

my GERD completely resolved when I started paying attention to the nutrients
needed by the stomach and lining of the esophagus...Omega-3's.

I have an EFA thread here on the Vitamin Forum...please take a look.

I have been helping people for 38 years...and within the last 15, we now have an epidemic of this new "disease" GERD. Even children now!

I think this is mostly due to dietary neglect! If you put the wrong fuel in your car...you can't expect the engine to run properly. And in this country USA
and other industrialized ones, this has been true. The dreaded transfats, also
have contributed to health issues, and only now, are being removed, but slowly from our food chain.

I have a hiatal hernia, a severe one, and congenital malrotation of the GI tract and accepted my GERD diagnosis 10 yrs ago as cast in stone. But I do not have it anymore, not for 10 yrs and am not taking drugs for it either. When I started EFAs to help my triglyceride profile, I had no expectation of other effects. Well, was I surprised? You betcha.

Our bodies will heal themselves, given that we understand what our bodies need and provide them. We have only to understand that taking a drug to remove acid, does NOT build or fix cells that are damaged. All those drugs do is take away the symptoms of burning because the acid is gone. They create an artificial stomach environment that we did not evolve to use. We need that acid for many reasons, to kill organisms in foods, and to enable absorption of calcium, B12, folic acid, zinc and iron. (those are only the ones known so far).
Without acid, protein does not digest well, and it moves on to the bowel, to ferment there by bacteria, who make GAS, which moves up to create more reflux. It is the GAS that moves the stomach contents into the esophagus..it is a major cause of heartburn. If one has pylorospasms then the stomach does not empty properly and will also reflux back. Certain foods also, may stimulate this..coffee is a common example. GERD is a complex issue, mostly due to lifestyle, I think. I have seen it grow to enormous proportions during my lifetime.

Aussie: I am glad you are getting response from the inositol. But it is not an amino acid. It used to be associated with the B complex family, but it is not really a vitamin either.
definition:
Quote:
A type of sugar that has a different chemical structure than glucose (the chief source of energy for living organisms). It is a basic part of cell membranes, and is important in nerve, brain, and muscle function. Inositol is found in many foods that come from plants, and is being studied in the prevention of cancer.
Inositol enhances insulin actions, and in the brain, helps stablize anxiety, depression and OCD. It is also called myo-inositol. Another form d-chiro inositol is being studied in type II diabetes.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote