View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Joe, constipation is a problem for many people with MS, as is incontinence, however, I had problems with this from when I was very young. My mom's "remedy" was to make me to sit on the toilet for hours at a time with a bag of raisins. Maybe it worked in the longer run, but certainly not while I sat there. Admittedly, I had a very poor diet.

When I was in my teens, and eating more healthy, I still had problems (and also what was probably the start of other MS symptoms). In my mid 20's I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. I would go up to 5 weeks without a bowel movement, and NOTHING worked; supositories, diet, exercise (very fit back then), water, daily routines, avoiding allergens, laxatives, etc. Once my body did decide to cooperate though, I wasn't able to leave the house/washroom for 1 - 2 days, and often bled uncontrollably. As you can well imagine, this "routine" was very dysfunctional.

It wasn't until about a year ago that a board buddy, Cricket, convinced me how much PERMANENT damage that I could do to my body, that I decided I had to find an answer. I went to my pharmacist, who is also into natural methods of medicine, and he recommended "Benefibre". I had tried other treatments like this, to no avail.

I started using it about 1 or 2 times a week, and although I am somewhat allergic to the ingredient(s), it WORKED!! I had to mess with the dosage a bit, and my routine is still not "perfect". I am not on a "daily" schedule for BM's, but once I realize that I have not gone in a while I will take it . . . and it WORKS every time.

Cherie