Thread: Numb Chin
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 07:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory View Post
Greetings from Down Under in Australia. I am new to the site and am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what may be causing my weird symptoms. I am a 52 year old female, mostly healthy with controlled high blood pressure. For about a month now, I have had a numb chin and jaw line on the left side of my face. There is no change in movement or muscles of the face but it feels numb when i touch the area. I have been checked by my dentist and had a scan of the neck area which was clear. Today it feels like the numbness is also covering my ear and the ear is hot and a bit red but that could be from me feeling it all the time. I dont think my hearing is affected but it does feel a bit blocked. I also have a sore to touch area on my upper left eye tooth above the tooth sort of under the gum and close to my nose , so I guess it's almost a sinus area. This may or not be related but just though I would mention it. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I feel like a hyperchondriac but it just doesn't go away. There is no pain at all. Thanks Tory
I get that periodically when there's a lot of stress. It tends to scare me because I read somewhere that it's related to a potential heart problem.

I used to take aspirin when it happened, on the Bayer Aspirin Commercials theory. But now I take magnesium tablets instead since magnesium relaxes muscles, and a study in England where the aspirin does not contain a buffering agent did not find that aspirin did any good in heart related situations. It turns out the buffering agent is magnesium. So the idea was that the magnesium in American aspirin was what was helping, not the aspirin itself.

Now when I get that and I also get very tired too easily, I rest and use extra methylcobalamin and have magnesium more than usual.

That's my experience.