View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 08:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Friends here have supported me, friends here have prayed for me, friends here have walked me through the darkness, friends here have put the fire into me, and inspired me.... today I sent a message to my son who has been struggling for a while now, and as some of you know, I have been in a pretty dark place, in a real fight for my life. *trying to control the tears here....being honest with my son, and telling him what I have been going through allowed him, spurred him, to be honest with me. His doc had him take a week off of work because he was in such a bad place. Neither one of us knew what the other was going through this week. We didn't talk about it. We have a hard time talking about it. But now we are, and it is a beginning. That is suicide prevention! Mostly, we love each other... Words, no matter how beautiful, or honest, will ever express how I am feeling...We were both reminding each other that no matter how dark it is, if you will just keep moving forward, eventually, you will come out into the light. Some of us have to do that over, and over, and over. But that is OK, we do it with the help of friends, and family, when we will allow them to help.......I could never thank you all enough.

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"
Thoreau

~ You can give without loving, but you cannot love
without giving. ~
mistiis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (11-09-2008), Alffe (11-10-2008), bizi (11-09-2008), BJ (11-10-2008), Brokenfriend (11-10-2008), Nik-key (11-10-2008), Twinkletoes (11-11-2008), Wren (11-10-2008)