View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Mornin' Sally.

I crash and burn every year, but generally not until AFTER Xmas, fortunately.

I have two kids, but they are finally at an age where "Santa" no longer has to be all that creative or sneaky. It's nice that I can just say "what do you want and where can I buy it?"; they know they'll get it, and that I don't have any of that stress to contend with.

My parents have both passed away, so Xmas is usually just a small family gathering with my sisters and our families. My youngest sister is the healthiest, and the one with the biggest/most accommodating house. We generally have dinner there, so that's nice cause I only have to do dishes.

This year my Grandmother is in the hospital, and it looks like she will need to go in a home after recovering a little. She's needed to be taken care of for a few years already, but she just hires in all the help/meals, etc. and has managed to keep going. So, sometime between now and Xmas, we have to clean out and dispose of a lot of stuff. Good thing she is a clean freak so it won't be TOO much work!

Geez the years go by fast, eh? I'm already anticipating February (seems I just went through that) where I go into my late Winter funk for a month.

Cherie