View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 02:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Slayer View Post
Does anybody know of a better list or reference?
Sadly, finding a better list is not the solution here.... as this allergy has to do more with how sensitive your body is to nickel, therefore, what may not effect you in small amounts could break another person out in a full body rash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMoe View Post
I make wine and I am planning on plating my wine press machine to protect it from rusting.

So the question is, will my wine affect those who drink it? Only about 10% of my wine will come in contact for a very brief period of time with the nickel-plated machine (for about 5 seconds). My wine is then bottled in glass containers.

What do you (or anyone else) recommend?
This is a touch one, but one that must be considered as a Nickel allergy can be triggered by the smallest contact in some people... while others need to be exposed to higher levels of Nickel to have an reaction.

I personally am one of those people that cannot have the smallest amount of extra Nickel around me or I will break out in a rash that itches.... I have even had to stop taking vitamins all together due to my allergies.

If there is another way for you to plate your wine press I would suggest looking into it.... as a life is not worth gambling with.
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote