View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 06:19 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default A very interesting question

For myself, my absolute worst times are at night as bedtime approaches and the last meds fade away. One would think that there would be some buildup at that time. By the next morning functioning has improved by a factor of three or more with no further meds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronhutton View Post
Do you suffer a bad "off" immediately after a sinemet tablet wears off?
Does it gradually improve with no further sinemet over the next few hours?
After nearly18 years of PD, my off's in the mornings before I have taken any sinemet, are not too bad. I can get around. However, when a tablet wears off, I am infinitely worse, and cannot walk at all. The "relapse" gradually fades over the next 1 to 2 hours.
A very strange thing is I occassionally switch on without any sinemet. It lasts for up to an hour. However, I suffer the same relapse when the on wears off. I can't help feeling there is a big clue here. The relapse can't be blamed on toxic compounds from the levodops, I haven't had any!!!!
If any of this sounds famililiar, or any ideas, please respond.
Ron
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote