View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 10:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Nickel in Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
Sadly, finding a better list is not the solution here.... as this allergy has to do more with how sensitive your body is to nickel, therefore, what may not effect you in small amounts could break another person out in a full body rash.

This is a touch one, but one that must be considered as a Nickel allergy can be triggered by the smallest contact in some people... while others need to be exposed to higher levels of Nickel to have an reaction.

I personally am one of those people that cannot have the smallest amount of extra Nickel around me or I will break out in a rash that itches.... I have even had to stop taking vitamins all together due to my allergies.

If there is another way for you to plate your wine press I would suggest looking into it.... as a life is not worth gambling with.

I've been doing some research in the net trying to find a way to protect my wine press machine from rust and yet not make it harmfull in other way (nickel). Eventhough I know no one personally who is allergic to nickel I want to make sure that my wine is not the cause of some one's reaction. I've been looking at it from a different perspective now. I was looking at a list of beverages that contain high to moderate amounts of nickel and found out that wine has quiet a bit of nickel to start off with. so I've been wondering: if some one is allergic to nickel and knows it, will that person venture into drinking wine regarless of how it was made? Does a nickel intolerant person drink wine? Was the list I saw correct? According to the list, beer and red wine are among the top 3 in this high nickel content list. Beer being #1 and red wine #3.
MustangMoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote