View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 11:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Around 1998 I called my Orthopedic Surgeon's office, requesting surgery ASAP. When the Dr. called me back I told him it felt like metal jaws were tearing the flesh off my thigh bones, I was ready for the surgery in 15 minutes if he was ready. He told me next Tuesday was the fastest time he could get me into surgery, then proceeded to quiz me about my diet and my diet drinks. I was a little angry that he wanted to discuss my dietary habits until he told me about Aspartame. My Son-In-Law runs a medical lab at a large hospital in the midwestern USA, and he also asked me how many diet sodas I consumed in a day. I told him quite a few.

Both told me to stop all diet drinks until further notice. Within a couple of days I had NO pain in my thigh areas. Aspartame was the culprit.

My Son-In-Law faxed me some articles about Aspartame and I started avoiding it.

Diet Rite Soda is the only diet drink that uses Splenda for sweetener. It tastes a little different, but I am used to it now.

I did not have the surgery and don't appear to need it. That all happened around ten years ago, so ..... good luck with your problems, and watch out for Aspartame in the diet drinks. As I said, Diet Rite is the only one I can drink.