View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 11:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default RLS-Ropinirole is nauseating me every time I take it.

I have taken Neurontin for RLS for years. At least "off and on" I should say. I recently detoxed off morphine and the PA gave me Librium. The PA did not notice I have RLS and prescribed Librium for me during detox. The Librium REALLY sent my RLS through the roof. Not realizing the Librium was making my RLS worse, I took it for several days. I walked around the house like a zombie, sleeping about 2-3 hours in the first couple of days I was detoxing. Medical people said detox was like that .... too lazy to read my charts I guess. Easier to just tell me the "book answer". When I found out Librium was not for people with RLS, I quit it and the RLS was not as bad.

I was put on Mirapex, but it did not seem to work. Then Ropinirole and it worked, but it seems my nausea gets worse with every 3mg tablet I take. It takes 6mg a day to stop the RLS. I have taken it with food, without food, 30 minutes after eating and so on. Another strange item with Ropinirole is that I was NOT nauseated the first month I took it. It is like the more of it I put in my body, the less tolerant my body is of it. My last attempt at using Ropinirole would be to try taking 2mg at a time, 3 times a day, or 1mg at a time, 6 times a day. Any ideas?

How about Neupro (rotigotine), anyone use it? I understand every human body is different, but -- I guess I am trying to find a med that works without the nausea.

Suggestions appreciated.......Dave

Last edited by dllfo; 11-10-2008 at 09:27 PM. Reason: left a word out
dllfo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote