View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Finally got around to read this. I've been so busy with company and the new puppy.

I guess I was lucky as I had two older sister's as breastfeeding role models, so my own family was supportive, of course. My mother never breastfed any of us, but she said not many people really did then.

I always did use a burbing cloth to sort of cover and add discretion. I breast fed in public on occasion but usually looked for a bench off the beaten bath. I never stooped to sitting on a toilet to breast feed my baby. And I didn't leave to room to breastfeed at family gatherings, unless I felt the baby needed a quieter environment.

I was the "first mom" on my husband's side. I think one out of three SIL's breast fed their baby, and one finally tried it for her fourth child. I think it is so strange how one can be influenced by the people around them in some ways. I never even gave thought to NOT breastfeeding my baby.

I only breastfed my son for three months, though, because I went back to work full time. I'd probably do that differently. My daughters both got over a year.

Thanks for posting that Kim. It was an entertaining read.

Cara

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote