Thread: need help
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 07:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

WHY are you falling asleep?

Are you on opiates?

What are your pulse ox levels? NOT at the doctor's office, but at home and at work.

When you fall asleep, are you ever moving around? Narcolepsy comes to mind, but if you are like me (when it happens to me) I am sitting, usually listening to someone. Embarrassing, but after I explain my detox off morphine they understand. In fact, my wife and a friend who is an RN have had to shake me, yell at me for up to 40 minutes and I still did not wake up. BUT I have severe respiratory problems that, God willing, you don't have.

Are your fingernails blue when you wake up?

If you have the money or good insurance, they can check your oxygen levels for a 24 hour period. Or you can shop around, like I did, and buy something like the SPO 7500, which records your oxygen levels for a period of time. They also provide software. The down side is they require batteries as there is not an AC power source.

Provigil caused me some problems, so I quit it. Also, while at the National Jewish Hospital in Denver, CO last summer, they did an "echocardiagram" with agitated saline and found I needed a PFO. That was why my pulse ox levels were in the low 80s.

Good luck with it.