View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

We are exhausted! Over my DH three day weekend we got most of the base board and chair rail up and did the framing around one door. We have three doors left and all three windows to do. We are using my Dads very old miter box and saw and part of it broke today. We are leaving off the chair rail on the wall that it's going to be such a tight fit to get the fuirniture around. We figure every inch available helps so no chair rail until it's in.

Then we swept, and swept and swept some more. I don't care how many times you sweep it always comes back! And I think we probbaly need to sweep down the walls again. When we sat on the concrete floor we would get drywall dust on out buts. Then if we touched a wall we had a butt print on the wall! You think you have all that dust up but it isn't. We have even wet mopped the floor three times. So the carpeting is up that was on the stairs and everything is ready for the carpeters Wednesday.

When we were in makeing the down payment on the carpet today my DH saw an area rup he liked. It would be about $150.But when i showed him one that cost $59 it was to expensive! I don't understand. I've just got to get him to take back the ugly drapes he bought!!!

I think I'm going to make a wish list, kind of like a wedding or baby registry and give it to people for Christmas presents. I'll even put a bow on it and put there name on it for Christmas. But I think that's the only way I will get the drapes I want!
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (11-11-2008)