View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 01:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta jewell View Post
Hi Lisa,
I'm sorry you have RSD. It's amazing how long we can have it yet learn more and more. I wanted you to know I live in Scottsdale, should you ever want to talk or post directly to me. I developed RSD the day following surgery back in 1996. It started with swollen arm and then frozen shoulder. It wasn't diagnosed as such, just complications from left breast surgery. I had PT and massage therapy. The rehab Dr. I was referred to and that oversaw my pt wanted me to see Orthopedic Surgeon. He was to operate to 'speed' up the process. Would still have to have PT. I said no thank you. I had already been thru about 1/2 (50) pt. I did the massage therapy on my own just before pt.
It was torture.So I finished out the therapy and had nearly all range of motion back.
Hi Lisa again, they told me it might move to other shoulder , I thought that sounds strange, I didn't have surgery there. Sure enough, a few months later after we moved to AZ, the right shoulder froze up.more therapy. Then while water skiing at Bartlett Lake, I felt a pull in my left hand, then started swelling. PAINFUL Dr. said RH arthritis. Didn't make sense, tests said no. Flew to Oregon, diagnosed by an hand ortho with RSD within one minute.

Hi again Lisa, I know it is hard to be honest with friends and family, they love us so much and can't stand to see our lives change and to be in pain and not be able to do what we used to do and love. I know I'm careful with my 29 year old daughter and my husband. They have both researched RSD on the net, so they know it's bad. They also both went with me to my Dr. of the past 4 years. But I feel caring for myself, means being discreetly honest.
I do have friends I can say anything to, two of them have RSD too. full body from a car wreck.My Dr. is a pschiatrist, neurologist and pharmacologist.
of course I can cry and say anything.
Lisa, do you go to any of the RSD support meetings at St. Joseph's hospital? They are once a month on a Saturday. It would be nice to meet you in person, family members are welcome, I brought my son in laws mother.
I don't drive a lot anymore, but still can.
Don't give up. and take care, Loretta Jewell
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote