View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 04:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I hesitated to reply, but I see no one else has. I have both TN1 & 2(atypical). I have felt most of what you describe except that I do get fleeting pains in the tongue and in the throat, in the area of the sinus cavity(I can't explain where that is well enough, but if you google it, you should find it). Anway, some theorize that there is a pre-TN period which is the beginning of the demylination of the nerves. My TN started this way, with bouts of unrelenting pain which would go on for months at a time. Sometimes the pain felt like I was being stabbed repeatedly in various parts of my face. Then I noticed sensations of things moving on my face, when nothing was there. Then came the feelings of pressure on parts of my face, as though someone stuck a vice on my temple and kept increasing it, minute by minute, and then just left it there. And there are the drilling, boring pains that feel just like that, and my teeth feeling as though they are on fire, burning to no end. And, before and during all of this, all the tooth pain to teeth which had root canals done to them, but still I was encountering excrutiating pain. Those are some examples, but this @%&(%#@ condition continues to present new scenarios to me all the time. I should also add that I have it bilaterally although one side is a lot more active than the other.

It took a long time for me to get diagnosed. I had conflicting opinions from a couple of doctors and was constantly being told I had sinus infections, when it was actually TN. I hope my description helps you.

Take care, ellena
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (11-11-2008)