View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

It started as a small spot on my Right calf. That was back in August it then spread up to my belly button and now it is just under my breasts front to back and all the way to my foot on the right side.Then last Thursday (my birthday) I was shaving my legs when I realized i couldn't feel the razor on my skin from the knee down on my left leg.

They found 4 lesions on the spinal MRI and yesterday was to see if there are any in my brain. I have the DX from two different Neuros but I have to finish out all of the other testing just in case but they are both willing to bet money it's MS. I have never been in so much pain and so exhausted as I have in the last week.

the thing I am concerned about is the Grave's disease Dx from 99 and the Bipolar dx from 2004. I don't know how all of these are related, but they are all kicking my butt right now. And the 45 mile commute to work when you can't really feel the pedals is not a pleasant experience. Especially with my 4 yr old in the car. Hopefully we will get something accomplished next week.

He did say something about steroids.... anybody had any luck with these? he says it would be a last resort kind of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
So your numbness started on your right side, and is now how far up your body? When did that occur (i.e.how long has it been like that?).

Now your left leg is going numb ~ from the foot up? When did that start?

Sorry for the 1000 questions, but it sounds like the start of a Transverse Myelitis (spinal lesion) attack. Do you know if you have spinal lesions? Have you been thoroughly tested for any infection in your body; bladder, teeth, sinuses . . . anything?

Why so much testing? You already have a dx, don't you?

If they find 20 lesions now-a-days, SOME neuro's MIGHT recommend Tysabri from the get-go, rather then trying the CRABs first. It depends on how pro-Tysabri he is though.

As far as efficacy of the meds, you have to remember that the 30% (or whatever) is an "average" reduction of RELAPSE RATES. My neuro didn't feel that they were a very suitable option for me because I tended to have a low number of relapses, and the attacks I did have were confined to spinal lesion activity mostly.

As I said, that number is an average, so the good news is that there are likely some number of people who prove to have significant reduction in relapses, and others who have none. You could be one of the lucky ones . . .

Of course that doesn't mean the disease won't progress just as quickly as if you didn't have any, or had 5 relapses instead , but who likes relapses?

If you are intent on LDN, I would propose to him that you are prepared to try Copaxone AND LDN. That way he gets what he wants, and you get what you want; win/win. If you go that route though, it's worthwhile to introduce the two meds seperately.

Cherie
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote