View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Kay - I hope you have a good day at the market.

Char - The weather isn't too bad here. I think it is in the 40's now and is supposed to go up to the low 70's. Beautiful day! I hope you are able to rest between classes too.

Kelly - Have a great time at your lunch today. That sounds like so much fun.

Frank - Up since 2:30??? Oh my goodness! I confess, I am a sleepaholic. Once the 2 Neurontin kick in, I'm out for the night. I hope you get a chance to get a good nap in today.

Sox - Kids are out of school today here too. I had dinner at my brothers last night and the kids where all excited when my DB told them they didn't have school the next day. Enjoy your day with them.

Vonn - Your quilts are so beautiful. Have you considered selling your quilts on e-bay? It may give you some extra income while you are waiting for SSDI.

Sandy - Still praying for you all.

Green Stamp People - If I remember correctly, you could also use the stamps for discounts in some of the grocery stores. It seems to me my mom used them a lot to help save on groceries. With 12 mouths to feed, she did what she could to save money and I'm pretty sure she used the stamps at stores that were giving discounts using the stamps. I'll have to ask her.

Sarah - Keeping you all in my prayers. It will take your parents some time to adjust and grieve. It has been a little over a year since my oldest brother passed away and my parents still get teary eyed when talking about him. My mom is doing better than she was but she still grieves.

Additionally, I myself am still grieving. My brother was very well liked not only by those in his community but his employment as well. People from all over (including internationally) either came to the wake/funeral or wrote letters. Anyhow, the wake that was only supposed to be 4 hours turned in to over 6 hours as well over 500 people came (the guest book only had 500 places for people to sign). My SIL had made a CD or something of all of his favorite songs on it that was played over and over during the 6+ hours. I tear up every time I hear one of those songs. I know that some day I will be able to listen to "Let It Be" by the Beatles and not cry and find peace in the song. But for now, I still can't listen to that song.

Hi everyone else!!! I hope you all have a great day!

Update: DD18 starts school today!!! She has her orientation this morning and then she is on her way. I am so excited for her.

Also, DD17 comes home today. Yeah! I miss her! She went to the mountains with her Pom Line group. It snowed up there so please pray they all have a safe trip home today.

Not sure what I am going to do today other than make DD17 black beans and rice. She loves the way I make them and it is one of her favorite meals.

Oh and I need to clean under the bathroom sinks as sometime soon the maintenance lady will be coming to install the new faucets.
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (11-11-2008), CayoKay (11-11-2008), DM (11-11-2008), ewizabeth (11-11-2008), FinLady (11-11-2008), FranksAngel (11-12-2008), Kitty (11-11-2008), sabimax (11-11-2008), Twinkletoes (11-11-2008), Vonn07 (11-11-2008), weegot5kiz (11-11-2008), yeahbut (11-11-2008)