View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 10:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

First Thank you everyone for your support..

It's amazing and sad at the same time how we are all in this same boat.
My husband and kids are caring and are supportive but they are human, it takes it's toll on them as well, they want to see me better and want to help but don't know what to do.
They do a lot for me. I can not walk up and down stairs, my leg gives out also, I can not drive because I lost strength in this leg, I developed atrophy as well. I feel so guilty they do so much for me. I was so active before this. My RSD started from surgery, it's in my right leg (the whole thing now) it goes around to my butt at times it feels like I'm being burned with a hot skillet. All I did was go in for surgery and the doctor damaged the nerves, as soon as I woke up from surgery I was in tears, the nurses were mean and told me "you just had surgery you are going to be in pain" I've had other operations and never did I have this problem. As days turned in to weeks and then into months and now years the pain got worse and worse, and here I am... and
My mom doesn't understand how someone can be in this much pain. May be she doesn't want to believe it, I know it has to be tough on her also to see me sick. My other family members I might well forget they are there, it really stinks.

I've tried to cut back on my pain med's because they are making me very moody. I do notice the more stressed I get the worse the RSD is.

PT is showing some progress,very little actually. I pushed it too much the other day and I am paying for it. I am still hurting, I think I made things worse. I don't believe in the 'no pain, no gain"....We are told pain is sign that something is going on, to pay attention to it. I had a doctor tell me pain was a sign of weakness...

I don't think many doctors are familiar with this and when you start telling them what you have, they look at you like your crazy..

How do you adjust to "your new life"? I'm beating my self up over this, thinking I did something really bad to deserve this.

I was going to try to reply to each post but I was getting confused going back and forth. I'm sorry for how people are treating you all.

Thanks again for sharing your life with me and giving me support throughout this miserable journey.

I'm here for all of you also.
Summertime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote