Thread: Just not sure
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi (((Victoria))). I'm no expert on hair loss! Just have had a couple of experiences with a friend and my son-in-law losing their hair. They both were diagnosed with alopecia areata.

My son-in-law was really devastated. I know at the time he was also under extreme stress and am convinced that was causative. He had a good doctor who started treatment with cortisone injections. However, I strongly recommended he start on a regular regimen with Nioxin hair products. But the person I sent him too was very knowledgeable about Nioxin. I LOVE the stuff!

My best friend went just the Nioxin route. Her hair grew back in time (think a lot of those cases do anyway), but to this day she uses Nioxin products and nothing else AND her hair isn't as thin as it used to be.

I am shocked at your doctor's reaction to all this. Shame!!!

I have no clue what the reason for your hair loss is, but here is a link to info on alopecia. http://www.naaf.org/aa_typealopeciaareata2.html

And this is about Nioxin - my favorite hair product, used it for years and years on end. (And I think only available at hair salons.) Nioxin for hair

Good luck! Hair loss is no fun. Just take hope that it will grow back AND that you are still the same wonderful person on the inside.

(Of course, these are only my suggestions from my own experience.)

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (11-11-2008), Victoria (11-11-2008)