View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 11:23 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Ah yes, I had the pleasure of the DX process, twice....once in 1976, which included a myleogram and many blood tests. I was DX and then I had a lovely 17yr remission, of sorts. Then in 1993, I had a whopper exacerbation and went to the hospital, where I experienced all the new fangled tests....MRI...etc, etc, etc...whoopee!!

All that was available in 1976 was Prednizone, so I hd a bit of that and it may have helped, since I went into remission, but I may have anyway, who knows.

In 1995, or thereabouts, I started Avonex and stayed on it for 7 horrible months of awful side effects.....then onto Copaxone for 10 months, no side effects but I progressed from RRMS to SPMS.....so I stopped the poopy shots and did nothing for awhile.

Then I discovered LDN in April 2003 and the rest is history.. I felt better right away on LDN. It didn't cure my SPMS, but did keep me from worsening in disability and eased many of my yucky symptoms. I've been on it for almost 6yrs and am pretty much the same in disability as I was in 2003....

I have advanced in years, however, so I am a little slower and less agile, but still have that overall feeling of wellness that LDN has always given me.

So sorry for all the agony of testing and your MS pain.. I wish you luck in getting a script for LDN from your Doc.. There is really no reason not to, since it does no harm and you believe it will help you. The Copaxone...eh...that's your choice, but I suggest you try the LDN for at least 6 mos, before adding Copaxone, if that's your decision.

Good luck and good wishes..

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CayoKay (11-19-2008), lady_express_44 (11-11-2008)