Old 11-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cojack View Post
Hi Cherie,

i live in vancouver also...re: spinal lesions...are they detected in a thorasic, lumbar MRI or both? Specific 'MS' lesions weren't detected in my brain MRI/but i've had many MS symptoms for roughly 5 months...including some in years prior upon reflection. Re: LDN what pharmacy/doctor?

thanks

jack
Hi Jack,

Lesions can be found in the C, T or L "section" of the cord, BUT all (larger lesions) would be noticable by having a C & T MRI, without contrast. (In adults, the L part of the cord is housed in the T area of the spine, so those lesions would be detected in a T-spine MRI).

Do you have a dx? Did they do a MRI of your spine at all? If they did find lesions there, have you been tested for Devic's Disease?

I get my LDN from my GP because when I went on it originally, the neurologists out of UBC wouldn't rx it. Now they will though, and most people attend UBC Research Center, so you should be able to get a rx from any of them there.

I use a compounding pharmacy in the valley (which I will pm you if you get a rx and want the name) because he is the most reputable and experienced in the lower mainland. I get mine in liquid form too, due to sensitivities to fillers in almost any med, so I get the PURE powder. That method is a little more fussy (needs to be refrigerated, etc.), but it works best for me.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (11-11-2008)