View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Feels like my leg is in a barbecue

Is there any medication that helps with a burning sensation.

My left leg from just below the hip down to my kneecap is burning. Sometimes it's not so bad, and sometimes I just want to cut the dang thing off. I have a little burning in the other knee (just the kneecap) and the sensation of wearing knee high socks. Thick ones on the left leg and thin ones on the right.

It's really irritating me right now, probably because I went upstairs to talk to my dad, and all of a sudden my mother is screaming at me for no reason. (she's got a few...problems...herself. I was talking to my dad about my new computer chair, and something about that conversation set my mom off...no idea what it was)

I went downstairs to get away from the yelling, and now the grill my leg is cooking on feels like it's been set on "nuclear fire". I know thinking about the burning can make it worse, but it's kind of difficult to ignore.

I have some Amitriptyline from the insomnia I had over the summer (the Ami quit working as a sleep med a month or two ago) I seem to remember my regular doctor telling me it's good for neurological pain sometimes. I just dont know if I want to start taking it again because of all the weird side effects it was causing me.

I called the neuro about this today, but he never called back.

I guess I'll go upstairs and see if I get verbally attacked again for wanting to return my new computer chair (it's uncomfortable, but that could be because of the wacky/burning leg sensations)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote