View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 07:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Benjamin

I've been diagnosed with TBI, I have memory problems, confusion, balance issues, headaches everyday since the concussion and tingling in the back of my head that was continuous which I understand from my neurologist is nerve ending. I still am unable to read a book though I read at least a book a month before my concussion.

I've had 2 MRI's of which show that I have widespread periventricular and subortical white matter high signal changes, moderate basal ganglia high signal abnormalities and fiant pontine high signal...whatever that all means. In 'short' I have as my neurologist explained to me torn nerves in my brain, which causes slow processing, memory loss, unable to learn new things and on and on it goes. In a bite I've got brain damage from a severe jarring of the brain from a fall on cement .

I have posted in the past regarding the issues I have and continue to have so I’m not sure exactly what you were saying in your reply…..My question is do others with TBI suffer with panic attacks? I’m a very strong person, always have been, but I do seem to be unable to cope with stress, new things the way I did before . I don't seem to be able to distinguish between important things and not so important things....they are all important, have to be done right away, least I forget to do them or how to do them, so I get stressed from being confused and trying to do all things at the same time and 'messing' them up as I go…other issues regarding the TBI, I’m having problems doing a job that for me now is continuous hit to my ego, I’m worn out from putting up a good front to everyone; I’m worn out looking as though I understand and comprehend what people tell me and ask of me only to have to go off by myself and fumble through whatever it is. I’m worn out trying my best to explain to co-workers under me, instructions/procedures only to have them look at me as though I’m from another planet because I loose words, use incorrect words in sentences basically, I don’t make a lot of sense when I speak….I’m tired of living in a fog that I can not seem to be able to get away from, I’m tired of getting confused and lost when I go to the store. I’m tired of making a list, getting to the store only to realize that I don’t have a list, or forget that I made a list (and the list is in my purse) and then to get home without what I needed. I used to be really smart, quick always a lot of energy....I feel as though I've aged at least 20 years in the last 3 years....maybe these are the reasons for a panic attack….

And I did see my doctor(s) I have more than one now, another thing I never was sick, only went to the doctor for yearly check ups which were always excellent at 53 years old....and I have a great support group of family and friends. Doctor's answer, drugs....my answer - I don't do drugs unless they cure me of the TBI....I don't want to treat the symptoms to only have to take something else to treat the side effects of the original med.... I've already tried that, they only made me sick.

Melek

Well I feel a bit better railing on so....thanks *smiles*
melek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote