View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I just noticed that stress makes it worse. (my mom is having a meltdown upstairs and was yelling at me because I was talking about the chair being uncomfortable...weird things set her off...she has no anger control. Had to go downstairs to get away from her and noticed that the burn increased in intensity after that)

I'm probably going to return the chair tomorrow (it's ice raining here now) and I guess I'll have to pony up some more money for a better chair. Maybe I'll go for the leather chair they had.

The back of my thigh feels more numb when I'm sitting in this chair. Before I got diagnosed, I had a memory foam mattress pad for my bed, and the stupid numbness developed a few months after I got that mattress. The foam gave me a weird sensation that made the numbness in my legs worse. I ended up sleeping in my Lazyboy chair for a few nights before my boyfriend came and picked up the mattress pad to give to one of his friends.

I dont think my new chair has memory foam in it, but the upholstery is vinyl, and the chair doesnt breathe well. My legs and butt sweat when sitting in it.

I guess the only thing that I really like about this chair is the headrest. Fell asleep in the chair yesterday, and was happy that I didnt get whiplash from my head falling backwards everytime I fell asleep.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote