View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlespirit72956@y View Post
Sorry bout the pain, and hope you feel better. I use Neurontin, because I have RLS, and it helps tremendously. I take 2 600mg tablets at bedtime, along with a Flexiril and together they work very well.

Ask your doctor about Neurontin, or any of the others in the same catagory,ok?
Feel better soon, and I hope I've posted this correctly, as it's my first post.

~GS~
I'm going to call tomorrow about it.

Last time I had burning in the legs (not as bad as this) I put a heating pad on it, which actually helped. I'm afraid to try that now, so instead, I put an ice pack on my leg earlier. It actually helped, but I have to keep the ice pack on it, constantly. It did take about an hour for the burn to build back up after I put the ice pack back in the freezer, so at least it helped to calm things down a bit.

I'm going to try the ice pack again later just before I go to bed.

I might go buy a tube of Capsaicin creme tomorrow and try that. I've read it helps for some neurological pain.

I hope I can talk the neuro into some LDN if I have to go back to see him this week to get some neurontin or lyrica. No idea if that would help the burning, but I'd really like to get a Rx for the LDN no matter what. I want to try it to see if it'll help me.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote