View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 12:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everyone I'm Tiffany a 26 year old stay at home mom. My boyfriend was diagnosed with RSD back in May..We have two children a 9 month old and a 3.5 year old. I am very glad to find this forum. Geoff got in a motorcycle accident in March and broke his foot and it turned into RSD which is preventing him from walking without crutches. He goes to physical therapy 4 times a week went through months of epidural injections and now has (sorry i don't know all the terminology involved) but he has the thing implanted in his spine and an internal battery. Well he had the internal battery implanted above his butt and becuase he is so skinny it was literally ripping out so he just had it removed and they now put the battery in his stomach. Luckily he was working when the accident occured so he is on worker's comp. He is on so many medications it is crazy and he is such a different person...I am glad to find this board to learn more about this condition and maybe find someone like me that is having to care for a loved one with RSD. Times are tough here because we are living on worker's comp and I can't work because he isn't able to take proper care of the children. We have applied for disability once and already been denied. We are in the process of reapplying...
tiffanyc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote