Thread: Seminar notes
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Some thoughts here...

the title of this thread: seminar notes. That title alone would suggest to me, and maybe most others reading it that it is just that, notes from a seminar that someone attended.

Unfortunately, it has turned into another DEBATE about Tysabri dredging up the PAST and throwing in statistics about this and that and once again people who are NOT nor ever have been on this drug have to show off their internet savvy by posting all these statistics and links to articles that journalists have written when the whole purpose of this thread was....

two people's report on what they got out of an MS Seminar -- first hand.

It's getting to the point that every thread about Tysabri is turning into a debate again and those who are on the drug are being put into the defensive mode. That's just not right.

This madness has to tone down or stop. Information is good, that is not what I am trying to stifle, but once is enough. Hammering it again and again is pointless.

A couple of other points I'd like to make about this thread. The original poster, RW, tried to keep it short and pointed anyone interested in more information to the Tysabri sticky thread. Lady Express took it upon herself to change the tone of this thread to one other than the original posters' intent. Cherie, no one "owns" threads here but you have taken over this as you have in the past as a self-appointed Tysabri expert. No one is an expert about this drug, in my opinion, except perhaps the scientists who have invented and "own" the rights to this drug.

In my opinion, the people who take this drug have expressed their personal opinions and experiences with and about this drug and you continue to shoot stats and techno articles at them but you are NOT on this drug. Personal experience goes a long way against theory and you should know that better than anyone, as do I. We learn from our experiences. Might I make a suggestion for you to back off a bit and let those who attend these seminars report the information that they get from the doctors and the reps and not challenge them every step of the way? It would go a lot further for a more harmonious delivery of information and sure make life around here a lot more easier....

For the record, I have been on this drug, I have been on panels for the FDA critiquing the RISKMAP and have been very involved with this drug even though I cannot take it. I am not uneducated about it.

Who wants to see all this arguing? I can put up one of my famous polls????

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford

Last edited by tovaxin_lab_rat; 11-12-2008 at 10:33 AM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Riverwild (11-12-2008)