Thread: neck pain
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 10:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default neck pain

Hello.I am a 33 year old male and i have been having neck pain and bad headaches for over a year.About 6 months ago I found out from a MRI that I have multi level degenerative cervical disk disease.My doctor told me to go to physical therapy and to take tylenol or ibuprofen for the pain.My wife is a physical therapist so we brought everything i would need home to do treatments.I have been doing heat tennis traction and a variety of exercises but nothing keep the pain and headaches away.I also seen a doctor that works with my wife and he gave a prescription for a muscle relaxer to be taken at night that seamed to help somewhat but i still get the pain and headaches 3 or 4 times week and sometimes they are so bad i cant even function i basically have to lay in bed and pray they go away.A few weeks ago i was at my mom's house when i had a flare up and sh gave me the leftover prescription she had for (vicodin) sorry not sure of the spelling, and for a few days i used them and the are the only thing that has totally taken away the pain since i started having this problem.I asked my doctor about a prescription and he told me no because they are addictive and looked at me like i was a drug addict or something.

Does any one that has this condition know if any medications that help them?
neckpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mistiis (11-13-2008)