View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 01:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default This is how it goes with me.

If I havn't eaten a bunch of junk the day before, I wake up perfectly peacefully in the morning (I only take a remeron and a clonazepam .5 mg at bedtime.)

I usually eat a protien/carb snack before lights out. I then go about 10 hours between taking meds. last sinemet at 9 PM - 7 AM first meds in the morning.

If I sit quietly I am fine, but 32 minutes (no joke) after I have taken my morning meds my left leg starts to tremor...I must get up and move at that point or it will get worse and become an "Off" time for me. The medication without question does activate my tremor. At 1 hour and 15 minutes after I take my first meds in the morning I am fully on and you can barely tell I have anything wrong with me. If I eat carefully and sparingly, I can keep my meds up and going most of the day without dyskinesia. Sugar causes dyskinesia(among other things) for me. If my meds go off during the day I have nasty leg tremors (tremors is not exactly how I would describe them...more like seismic events in my legs.) It is as if the sinemet I take doesn't all go to the brain, but some gets into my adrenaline system and off I go -literally. I relate to man of your comments and the only thing that beats it into control is a benzodiazapine called Clobazam which you don't have in the States....no idea why. The brand name is Frisium. I only take it when my tremor is nuts or I have to get myself in controll PDQ. It works in 20 minutes.

I make my best effort to be in bed when my last meds wear off. Cuz "off" is not a good place to be. Just a side note....I went to emergency twice, and both times because my sinemet was not working for me. Both times I just had to have 8 or so hours unmedicated and some sleep to be ready to face the day. If I wake up in the middle of the night and don't think I will go back to sleep a few almonds or a spoonful of peanut butter is as good as medication and I do go back to sleep. Fluctuations in blood sugar do play a role ....the queastion of the day is: what does all this mean? Does sinemet raise our cortisol levels?
Ibken (11-12-2008)