Thread: Support Groups
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 11:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hmmmm, is the sigh because you didn't care for how it was run? That is a great survey. I wonder though, why it wasn't sent out to the general public? I am sure there are many who did not attend that seminar. I can't remember where I read it, but it was saying how off the suicide statistics are. People don't want to admit it, and say they died from another cause. I don't have shame at all, but I do understand that others might.

I like the survey, I am going to bring it in the coalition meeting to show them what other communities are doing. I particularly liked question 3 and 4. I have been talking to a few people about what I will say to the coalition... IF I am able to speak that is

I think the first thing I would like to see, is immediate on scene support for the families. A care package given, something to make them feel connected, and not so alone. Perhaps a good survivors of suicide book, brochures etc... a list of resources, including local and online support. It would have made a huge difference to me, to have someone there while they were "cleaning up the scene"... to have had something to look over, that made me see I wasn't alone in my pain. It is a start......

Alffe, I think you would make a great support leader!!! And the great thing about that is, though there are guidelines, YOU can run the group the way you think would be most helpful. I know I would come!!!

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (11-13-2008)