View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 11:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Now if I can remember

what I just read, I have some comments.
1. when you take your meds you need to be in at least a sitting position for 20 minutes for your medication to move efficiently into your intestine. More time if your intestines are already loaded up with food, or you havn't had a good "housecleaning" for a day or two. Keeping things moving is right near the top of the list when it comes to making your meds work.

2. when you take meds and then go back to bed, you are a)in a position that causes your meds to be destroyed in your stomach juices, and b)run their course of half-life stuck in your stomach. Your whole metabolic system slows down when you sleep. So don't waste medication on sleep time.

3. I believe that your body needs the break from levodopa meds, they are very wearing on your system. Also I totally agree with
Rick that you don't need the same amount of meds at each part of your day. However I know people who swear by a 4 hour schedule and I wonder if the body doesn't just adapt to what we train it to expect.

4. I have my worst time between 3-6 pm. It is the rare day I get through that time slot without some down time. Naps help if I keep them to 15 minutes. I never would have believed it but I have trained myself to lie on my stomach on the floor and totally zone out to the point of dreaming, then look up because I'm sure I've slept to long and then find I have only had my usual 15 minutes.

5. can't remember what else I wanted to say...it will come back later.

Last edited by rosebud; 11-12-2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: fix typo and bad sentence structure
rosebud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote