Old 11-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser View Post
Hi! *waving*

I've had difficulty finding a good counselor. I have a lot going on (PTSD, grief, OCD/trich, depression, anxiety, etc) and haven't been able to find one smart enough or aggressive enough to deal with all that. After burning through 6 different counselors (spent 6+ months with each one), I finally gave up and decided to do what I could on my own.

That doesn't count the ones I "test drove". It really is frustrating to spend 4-6 weeks breaking in a new one only to find out they can't offer what you need. I can only listen to "And how does that make you feel?", after just telling them how I feel, so many times.

Anyhoo, sorry for the rant and thanks for the welcome.
I know exactly what you mean. It make's you think about going to the Mayo Clinic,or Johns Hopkins University for an appointment.

I'm tired of all of the Psychiatrists who really don't seem to know what they are doing. There seems to be plenty of them. I've had about 7 Psychiatrists,and 1 psychologist,and it's all a lot of talk,and sometimes they make big mistakes. The psychologist learned in school how to say,"How does that make you feel"over,and over again. LOL

Now when they talk I hear the same thing over,and over. I want to go to a good one. I'm ranting also. LOL BF

Last edited by Brokenfriend; 11-13-2008 at 07:31 PM.