View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 08:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

painhead,

From what I understand women tend to have a head forward posture. I know I do. And that was what was killing me. So, I had to have my workstation adjusted; ergonomically correct. One thing that helped and after my fusions was wearing a soft collar while at the PC...still does. It is kind of a reminder when you have it on to sit correctly and does help to relax the muscles. And, well, my PM has said no desk work ever again. I CAN sit at the PC and type out a few posts but NEVER an all day thing.

There was also a period of time where I traveled for 3 years but that was before any spinal issues. But I have no doubt it contributed to some of this.

And driving or rather riding long distances was a killer. I never left home without my soft collar and a cervical pillow. It seemed just every little bump in the road killed me.

But, no you are not alone. Besides the people I have met online there is only one other who had this and was a co-worker. We used to compare notes all the time and I remember many a time when she said she was just ready to plop her head down on her desk. It is so painful and so difficult to describe to people what it really feels like.

Last edited by Kathi49; 11-13-2008 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Correction
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote