Thread: neck pain
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 11:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I totally empathize. I think you have gotten some good suggestions. I am dealing with a new doc now, and having a flare in my neck. He won't do much until he gets my records which may take a month. It is so frustrating to be treated like a drug-seeker when all you want is some pain relief so you can function. I have had one fusion which was successfull, thank goodness. I fear I am headed for another one. Pain that radiates suggests pinced nerves. What kind of muscle relaxer are you on? Some of them work better than others, and you may have to try a few to get what relief they can give. But I can tell you when the disc is pressing on a nerve, and compressing the spinal cord, surgery seems to be the only option, and nothing will totally relieve the pain. Hang in there, and try not to let docs intimidate you. That can be hard, at least, for me right now. Moist heat, pretty hot, seems to help me some. I also use a Myoflex rub, as I can not take Aspirin products, or over the counter anti-inflammatories. I was given a script for Soma, and did not think it would help. But it has helped to reduce the spasms, which has relieved some of the pain, but it won't fix the disc, or keep damage from occuring from a pinced nerve. Keep fighting!

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"
Thoreau

~ You can give without loving, but you cannot love
without giving. ~
mistiis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote