View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 11:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help Still trying to find my way!! Help

received letter from workman comp ins. co to go for IME. well IME doctor said i am totally disabled from my current job and partially disabled from any other type of work. this doctor also stated i have had no treatment prior to and since my surgery (ACDF march 2008) and it would be resonable and that I would benefit from PT, etc.since i have never had any type of treatment but the surgery itself. also need a CT to confirm possible failed fusion.
This is very rare for an IME doctor to go on your side and against the ins. co. but if the MRI (recent one 10-30-08 shows 3 herniated cervical discs and scar tissue) and evidence is there the IME doctors have no choice.
my situation is that my own doctor tells me nothing will help me and that i should find another job as well my doctors told the ins. co that. so subsequently, in the last week i have been terminated by WC and all benefits will stop next week. also if i dont report to work next week i am fired.
what can i do when my own docs have refused to further treat me and the WC comp doc states i am disabled?
i have called other neurosurgons but unfortunately i cant get in to see them until feb 09. and at that time i wont have any ins. to pay nor $.
i do have an attorney on the case and he is preparing for the concilation meeting at DIA in a few weeks. but he is totally blown away. possibly never seen this type of case before .
please if anyone has any insight or comments, i am at a true loss because i really want to go back to work. i feel everything is slipping away from me. WC doc reported i am disabled and have on going symtoms and all are work related from my injury. and my docs won't write the note i am 100% or that all /any of my symtoms are gone in 4 weeks.
MYACHINGNECK1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote