View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coletaterbug View Post
I am having a hard time with spasms in my legs right now. I don't know I already take baclofen 10mg 3x a day, zanaflex 8mg at night, neurontin 1200mg 2x a day and 1500mg at night, and valium 2mg in morning and 2mg at night.Still seriously I am in severe pain anybody have anything they have tried that has helped seriously I will try anything at this point.Scheduled to go back to Vanderbuilt on November 26. Also another question this is about Tysabri if you have been taken it does it help with muscle spasms?Thanks for any help and hugs to all
You sound like me recently! I am dealing with these same issues and am on a search for the cause! I have had no relief from Baclofen nor Zanaflex. Valium puts me to sleep and have not tried Neurotin, yet. I recently tried Lyrica and I don't think this is the drug for me! It's a great hallucinagenic and I honestly don't think that's its purpose!! LOL!

I am on Sinemet 25/100 - 2 tablets at night. Also take Klonopin 1 mg at night. This combination seems to help along with some heat 20 minutes on and 20 min off until my legs relax. I also have a hand held massager (HomeMedics! Love it!)

I do some gentle stretching but have found that if I don't apply some heat to my calves and feet (and sometimes even my thigh muscles) I aggravate the situation more than alleviate.

I have tried quinine and it has helped immensely but it was pulled from the market due to adverse reactions. There is a new product that my doc is trying to get approved for me (I don't know what it is called) but it's a form of quinine. I am also more diligent about eating my bananas - potassium!

As for Tysabri, it's not meant for symptom relief. It's a disease modifying treatment. But since I have not been on Ty since 2005, I am not qualified to address your question. I will leave that to those who are on Ty - Riverwild or Natalie or someone who posts on the Tysabri checkin thread would be more experienced in that area!

I am going to a Yoga class tonight that is specifically for people with MS and who have fatigue and spasm issues. I will let you know how it goes!!!

Good luck ...

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote