Old 11-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Wow that is a rare occurrence.
i had one IME dr say something favorable for my case and the next time wc sent me to a different IME that of course denied any work causation..

I am surprised your atty is baffled though..
I think the fact that your dr isn't agreeing with or backing up the IME dr is kind of odd.
Can you get another Independent drs opinion?

[terminated by WC and all benefits will stop next week]

You're saying the claim is denied? You/atty can appeal that decision right now, I think with just filing the paper for that.
{I don't know what a DIA is}
Has your dr released you for full work duties?
Or is employer taking you back with modified duties?

Mine was a chronic Repetitive strain injury it was denied, atty appealed and while the appeal was active I could still see PT & Drs and the bills were put on hold til it was settled. A letter by atty was all that was needed for the bills to be on hold.
And the employer cannot terminate you or medical ins while appeal is going either.
At least that how I understand it.
I didn't think my atty was the best but he did know about this stuff.
Your atty hasn't mentioned appeals and such- I hope he wasn't planning for a easy win and now isn't prepared.
He hasn't mentioned finding another dr for your treatment?? I can't believe any dr wouldn't at least suggest trying some PT...
Even if for only pain reduction.

Most states you can change drs and even attys but you'll have to look up on your state website for details of how to do that.
If you are denied , you need to get the appeal papers sent with in a certain time frame. That is the first thing to do, unless atty has some other plan...